First I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/5" cardbase, a 4" x 5 1/4" black panel and a panel from the patterned paper. Next, I got out two circle die cuts, one about 1/4" smaller than the other. I adhered the black panel to the front of the card and used some worn washi tape to hold the larger of the two circles in the center of the card so I could die cut the first hole. To finish the peek-a-boo opening, I cut a hole in the center of the patterned paper. Then I adhered that panel on the back of the card front.
It was trial and error to get the flamingo block centered in the opening AND straight on the inside of the card. I secured it in place with adhesive once I got it in the right place.
I stamped, colored, and fussy cut two of the palm fronds to hide most of the flamingo on the sentiment. I embellished the fronds with some of the flowers from other kit components. Finally, I added some twine and sequins from my stash and used a white gel pen to add a border to finish it off. I LOVE IT!
This single gal is still lookin' for a New Years date. Guess it's time to flamingle a bit to find one!