Today's post features The Project Bin's "In My Heart" set.
I realized I hadn't made a circle card with this set, so I got out the Big Shot and dies and voila . . . here it is! I didn't actually measure it, but I'm pretty sure it's 5" x 5".
I wanted to make it simple enough to give to a guy, so there's no flowers, ribbons, or gems. What we have for embellishment here is simple outlining of images, sponging, and a little messy swirl behind all the hearts (I didn't even put anything sparkly on it, which you know is nearly impossible for me to do!)
Now all I need is a boy to give it to...
OK, here's the breakdown on this round - yay! - card that is essentially 5" X 5". I whipped out my roll of Sookwang double-sided adhesive strips and laid out the grid pattern on the card base. After removing the backing paper from all the tape strips, I spread glitter on top of the adhesive, and shook off the excess.
Next, I created two loops of ribbon to use as a faux bow and adhered them to the card front. Finally, I arranged the blossoms on the left side of the card, popped in the sentiment, and added Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle to the blossoms.
For added impact, I sponged some pink and white on the outer edges and added to pearl cabachons to the centers of the top two blossoms.
Yet again, the photos don't do justice to the card.
Hey, there! You are most likely arriving here from Donna's Hawthorne Hill blog. If not, and you want to get your bearings, head back to Karen's blog where all the fun began!
There's so much to love about the January "Color Me Happy" kit from Club Scrap. The patterned papers are divine, and the stamps and embellishments do not disappoint.
I didn't realize how gorgeous this first card was until I left the craft room and came back in. The wings gleam and have incredible depth! So beautiful!
Other than the magic of Stickles on the dragonfly wings, nothing else about this card was difficult. After cutting a circle of the patterned paper to go on top of the turquoise card base, I cut out a layer of the detail from the paper and attached it about 3/4 of the way down the card to ground the dragonflies. The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment at the bottom of the card. (And if I make a card like this again, I'll plan it a little better. The bottom of the "y" in "birthday" didn't stamp well and had to be hand lettered to fix the boo-boo.)
This is a card that will be hoarded until just the right person comes along!
second time and cut out some of the images and attached them to the card to add dimension. Finally, I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder and cut into a flag shape.
I also used one of the sentiments that came with the kit, as well as the yummy ribbon (which I promptly crumpled into a wad and stuffed into my pocket. Hey, that’s one way to get crinkly seam binding!)
After assembling the base layers, I added a stitched white line with my gel pen and used an art air tool to spritz a sandy color onto the paper. I added the ribbon on created a bow, then slipped in a wooden flower element from my stash that I’d picked up from an after-season markdown table. I used the white gel pen to outline the lighter section of the flowers to make them stand out more. Finally, I embossed the sentiment and slipped it in behind the wooden flowers.
This is so gorgeous, I’m going to hang on to it until I find just the right person to give it to. In the meanwhile, I can look at it in my craft room and feel even more happy.
It's Just Me!
Librarian, crafter, pet mom, and thrift store shopper who can fritter a day away like nobody else. Well, except for you maybe. Let's be friends!
SCRAPLIFTING & CARDJACKING
All content included on Serendipity & Whimsy is COPYRIGHT ©Kelly A. Clark.This artwork is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication, submissions, or design contests.
Current Design Teams
Past Design Team